View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 New to Calgary indoor RC, list of essentials to consider? 

Post New to Calgary indoor RC, list of essentials to consider?
Hi everyone,
I stopped by CarCar last Friday to check out the action and chat with a few people I had been emailing. It looks like a realy great group and something interesting to get into. I was chatting with Alan about a list of things (and rough prices) needed to get into carpet racing (Mini class) and we thought some people from the forum could jump in and help. It would help me (and other newbies) get an idea of what things are actually needed to get started and have a good time.

if you could help me build out a list of necessary items a newbie would need, along with a rough estimate or range of prices based on new or used, that would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to racing with you all soon.

Jason

Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:56 pm
Captain
Captain

Post Re: New to Calgary indoor RC, list of essentials to consider
Well first of all, everyone from CARCAR hangs out here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r- ... arcar.html

Not a lot of carpet racers on this forum these days. I myself have been out of it for a few years now.

Anyway, basic list. I'll let you work out the prices, partly because they can vary so widely depending on what you want.

-Car
-Transmitter
-2 batteries (at least)
-fast charger (must run on AC or have an AC power supply)
-tools (allen drivers, hex nut drivers, phillips, pliers)
-traction compound (nothing with wintergreen smell is allowed)
-CA glue
-towels/rags
-spare parts (knuckles, suspension arms, turnbuckles, body posts, anything else that looks like it could break if you traction roll into the wall at full speed)

For equipment you're gonna want to leave at the track (if you become a regular)
-extension cord
-folding table
-folding chair

That's roughly what you should be considering for a first timer. Make sure you read up on the class rules and make sure your car is in compliance.

Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]