View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Scale monster truck racing 

Post Scale monster truck racing
Wondering if anyone would be interested in a scale monster truck racing event. Would be an indoor event for solid axle monster trucks. Im talking clod buster, txt1, usa1, modified wraiths, ax10s, wheely king, agrios, juggernauts, ground pounder etc. there will be different classes and noatyer what type of monster truck you bring you will get to race. These events are big in the usa but I haven't heard of any in Canada and would like to get one started

Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:15 am
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Re: Scale monster truck racing
Sounds like fun. Count me in.

Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:25 pm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Kyosho Mad Force?

Mugen Bulldog
Traxxas TRX-1
Corally SP

Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:05 pm

Hey Sorry for the late response, I havn't been on for a while. Yes the kyosho mad force will be allowed to race. I was actually hoping to see one of those. I am hoping we could get at least 8 trucks for the first set of races, we wont need a large venue as the track will be fairly scale like a real monster truck race. check out RCMT on youtube. that is the type of racing im talking about. Im going to shoot for the first race over the Christmas holidays.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:58 pm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Even just bash around .. being a big Kyosho fan ... (Biggest name in Off road IMO ..lol) I love the Mad Force so much ... which I bought one mainly purely just because of LOOK ... (same reason as people buying Kyosho) .. however, it is not waterproof as Summit etc .. mI doubt we can do anything in the next 6 month ... being live in Calgary ..

Next 6 month will be .. The SUMMIT Season!!

Mugen Bulldog
Traxxas TRX-1
Corally SP

Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:17 pm

This was going to be an indoor event so waterproof wouldn't matter. I'll post the event when I have a venue. I tried uploading a pic of my monster truck but for some reason I'm having a hard time. Not to brag but it's probably the nicest monster truck in Calgary lol

Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:26 pm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Got a TXT-1 I wouldn't mind bringing out for this.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:18 pm

That would be awesome!

Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:22 pm
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Any indoor track for big offload is welcome in Cowtown!

Mugen Bulldog
Traxxas TRX-1
Corally SP

Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:49 pm

Hey all, Once again, sorry for not updating this post. I will be on here more often now. I still haven't made an indoor venue ....yet, But if anyone is interested in having a little mini event sometime before the snow comes, even if its just in a field somewhere that should be fun. Solid axle scale monster truck racing! but all monster trucks are welcome. everyone would get a chance to run in their own class. If you would like to see what im talking about check this out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu1XnK1iCEc here is also a link to where I get parts to build these trucks, http://crawfordperformanceengineering.com/ , you can also find parts from many other companies, like rc4wd, hot racing, ebay. lets get this started guys.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:55 am

I have ordered many parts from Brett, CPE is great. Why so long in getting this going?

I could build two Clods from the parts I have gotten from him, just need a few decent chassis.

Sounds like fun, keep us updated.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:53 pm

I've got a couple chassis. honestly just took so long because it seems like there was a lack of interest, but now that scale monster trucks are starting to take off I think we could gather a big enough crowd and maybe get some more people interested in this. Ive got 4 solid axle monster trucks at the moment, 2 clods, a barbarian wraith, and a rc4wd digger axle build. This type of racing could be the next big thing. I think it would be great. If anyone knows of a good time and place to meet up lets discuss it. Im thinking we could even do a show and shine of a sort if that would be of interest to anyone.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:50 am

and all trucks would be welcome, scale trucks, monster trucks, whatever you have, like I said there will be different classes for competitions but I think the best way to get people involved in this is to just have it be a really fun style of event. we could even do winter racing in the spirit of Canada . we could do scale monster jam racing, tractor pulls, tug of war, freestyle, mud bogging, mega truck racing. my original plan was to have strictly solid axle monster trucks but I think we could have other classes too to add volume and increase the popularity of the event.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:05 am

[YouTube][/YouTube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jjewhaItSw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu1XnK1iCEc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2NB02NgVRY

Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:19 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbCHLWMJJzE

Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]