View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 So I'm thinking about getting a Losi 5ive T... 

Post So I'm thinking about getting a Losi 5ive T...
So as the title reads, I'm thinking about getting a Losi 5ive T, and I wanted to ask those that are experienced with them if they're as great as they seem? If one wanted to get into racing, how much capital would be required, including the purchase of the truck? It looks like a the poor man's way to get into auto racing, but the rich man's RC, especially when it comes to upgrades and repairs! What does an individual need to do to get competitive? Is it a friendly group? Any help would be great, so thanks in advance!

Chad

Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:26 am
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Re: So I'm thinking about getting a Losi 5ive T...
The group is very friendly. It's about having fun and helping others. A pipe is needed for sure in my opinion. A couple spare drive shafts, spare arms, spare front spindle/hub carrier. Thats about it. Run the parts and motor until it fails. A spare servo is also a good idea as it will fail eventually and ruin your day. Most guys run the stock motor until it fails and you will be competitive as it's the driving that matters. Or you could buy the roller new and choose your engine of your choice. a Zenoha G320 is my suggestion.

Cheers.
Everett

Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:46 pm

Thank you for your suggestions. I've been looking for one already put together, and I might have found one... :) I'll post some pictures if I'm able to pick it up in the next week. I hopefully won't break everything right off the bat though!

Chad

Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:07 am
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Right on. They are pretty tuff out of the box man. Probably the tuffest out of the box RC I have owned.

Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]